Welcome to an explosive episode of Shroom for Two that's sure to appeal to red mages everywhere. We celebrate the first day of Spring (and Philadelphia's corresponding blizzard) with a deep dive on the Kabloom class.
First, we revisit SuraF and Justini's power rankings, with an eye towards picking a few nits. Then, we give some reasons why Shamrocket (this week's event card) may be the best one in the entire mix. We follow that up with a piece of listener mail and a ludological breakdown of why "bad cards" exist. We conclude with a Class Warfare segment on one of the most powerful plant classes.
If you've got any questions, feedback, or suggestions, please post them in the Reddit thread (we're sticky now!) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Show notes for Episode 26
[1:43] Tier Lists revisted
- Zombie event cards (https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZHeroes/comments/833n13/zombies_event_card_tier_list_set_4_edition/)
- Plant event cards (https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZHeroes/comments/8445zg/plant_event_card_tier_list_set_4_edition/)
- f00gers and Weasel's Set 3/4 Zombie card list (https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZHeroes/comments/864pgt/colossal_and_triassic_zombie_tier_list_f00gers/)
[16:35] Card of the Week: Shamrocket
[22:17] "Bad" cards
- The email (https://pastebin.com/8TEdFZBB)
- Mark Rosewater's podcast on bad cards (http://media.wizards.com/podcasts/magic/drivetowork27badcards.mp3)
- Mark Rosewater's article on bad cards (https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/when-cards-go-bad-revisited-2012-10-22)
[27:55] Class Warfare: Kabloom